Academic Coordinator for NCF's PhD Programme
We are inviting applications for the position of Academic Coordinator for NCF’s PhD program and capacity-building efforts in conservation leadership. This position will be equivalent to that of a Scientist or Senior Scientist in NCF, depending on the experience and qualification of the candidate. Science plays a fundamental role in NCF’s conservation work. Our PhD program forms a cornerstone of our scientific work. We also aim to develop capabilities of our core field staff with similar learning opportunities. The Academic Coordinator is expected to play a leadership role both for our existing PhD program, for the development of our conservation staff, and for capacity-building of conservation leaders. This position will entail administrative and co-ordination tasks, as well as a role in fund-raising, mentoring, and ensuring skill-development for the students/conservation staff.
The specific roles and responsibilities for this position are:
- Plan and develop the PhD and training coursework, co-ordinate with resource people and faculty, and develop reporting schedules for all aspects of the training
- Develop a fully integrated strategy for the PhD programme within the first 6 months
- Complete required reports to Manipal University and to donors as required
- Work closely with NCF’s Academic and Student Affairs Committee on all matters related to PhD students’ coursework and progress
- Organize periodic skill-development courses and workshops for registered PhD students and conservation staff (such as on study design, data analysis, language skills, manuscript writing, fund-raising)
- A PhD and a strong record in publishing research in peer-reviewed journals, participating in professional academic conferences, and proven ability to develop collaborations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, excellent oral and written communication and people skills
- Experience of teaching, mentoring students and/ or co-ordinating an academic program or training program
- Experience of independent fundraising
In addition, experience of conservation research/practice, conservation capacity-building is desirable
We value diversity and equal opportunity. We especially welcome applications from women, minority groups, and other underprivileged groups.
Remuneration will be as per the experience and qualification of the candidate.
To apply, send a letter of application indicating reasons for interest in this position, a CV including a list of recent publications, conference presentations, course coordination or training and mentoring experience, four names and the contact details of academics/ conservationists who have supervised or worked with the applicant.
Application should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until 30th May 2019. Decisions will be communicated within 2 months from the closing date. However, the position will be kept open until a suitable candidate is found.